Saturday, October 5, 2013

meet my new friend!

They said that having a lot of friends is good. Having a trusted friend is far good and having beautiful friends that had the traits of what you’re looking for people makes the life worth living.

Seldom did I try to be friend with people who are far richer than me. Seldom did I befriended with people who are much prettier than me but today wasn't that any ordinary day…my seldom status did change and i think I  have found a new friend whom I consider as one of the best thing since peanut butter….her name is miel.

I didn’t know we will be friends since we don’t have a lot of common and I don’t share my life in the world. It was just recently when I learned for her family name since I saw it in her ID. She was wearing an ID of all people!

I have known her since July 15. But other than her name is miel that’s the only thing ate lala, me and roxy knows about her. As you know that ever since we don’t engage much on people and we don’t make friends to everybody. Just simple hi’s and hellos do…What we are eager to know in the office is what is yahoo’s trending issue and the word we need to know for the day. Other than writing and consolidating reports, coding, responds to queries and some other important matters we tend to, we don’t engage in gossip and we don’t have much time talking. We consume the entire day to be productive. We equipped ourselves with headphones and that makes us alive. We just listen to music. We ensure that every day we tend to all the queries. So that each time our boss asks for our accomplishments we can reply back in a minute. That’s how simple our office life is.

I was afraid of her from the very first time and even roxy too. She looks like Miss Minchin! Our boss said “tito ed will have his own private secretary on Monday and I expect you to cooperate with her” that’s my boss instruction before she left us. Well my boss happened to be the wife of tito ed. In short my boss can be a mayor too! I remember we asked our boss if that Ms. Minchin is kind or is she strict? Our boss said why don’t you go and ask her…and told us to behave. Then she went to our office wearing an executive look she’s so beautiful as what ate lala had said and we found her cool. Yes indeed she’s pretty and she rocks!

Days passed and we begin to like her. She is so nice to me, to ate lala and to roxy! She used to smile back and that makes her more beautiful!

What we like about her is that she’s smart, crazy and intelligent, traits that we prefer for a friend. She’s very fun to be with. She’s not that soft spoken but when you talk to her you will easily like her like we do. There wasn’t any dull moments with ate miel. That our boss was suddenly mad at us after his presentation during the regional fora at the hotel. We didn’t behave as what he expected us to be. We didn’t take our sets and we talk nonsense and then the boss happened to pass us by and he heard what we’re talking and that was it the boss has gone mad on us. But we did both say sorry because that’s what we are supposed to be and that’s what we should be.

We walk for about 3 km and the trek was strenuous but unlike any other office girl we didn’t hear her whining even her feet was full of mud.

Hilarious but in their office when the boss rings his bell ate miel will run even without slippers. Seriously! What is in that bell that makes her move like superman? She’s an angel to tito ed. She fixes everything including tito ed speech! Things my boss can’t do due to her poor health condition. Lucky is tito ed for having her as her trusted secretary.

I wonder how she managed her time to her family and the office. She used to get home late. As late as 9:00 pm and went to the office at 8:00 am. I wonder if she ever sleeps well too…the last time I texted her was 12:30 in the morning and yet she was able to text me back.

What makes me sad is when I learned from her and tito ramon that they are mimicking all her actions, the way she answer the phone, the way she talk, the way she run, the way she make coffee. And I guess that’s explained why she isn't friend with all in their office. I think that’s filipinism, the very bad side of Filipino co-workers. They try to hold you tight no matter how much you tried to move forward. And that’s what I don’t understand. It doesn't matter how well you perform. It doesn’t matter how good you are in everything you do. Their eyes have long been closed before it even opened. What a pity! Knowing so made me realized that in this government institution you just can trust everybody. They treat you as their first line enemy. Envy can kill a mocking bird too!

I wonder what will she said to me if she read this. She might beat me to death if I tell the world that she used to have a vaporizing rub in her bag! And she wasn't that organize! Her office table sucks!

But would you believe she cried over little things but I guess that makes her normal.

What makes her above all is that she knows how to listen, she knows how to say sorry and admit her faults. She knows where to stand and defend her ground. And that makes her perfect!

Maybe one day I will be able to tell her the words I used to tell my big sisters--- but for now I thank her for being so good to us and for the friendship she gave us all.

She is so accommodating. She is helpful. She is kind.


That I think I should stop here because her ears might just clap!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you got a new friend. im so happy for you but why did you not add pix of her? how does she looks like? shes pretty like you?

ferdinand said...

nice one

mariah ulfadi said...

hi addy! say hello to your new friend!