Monday, December 6, 2010

hey killua...what are you up to?

I don’t know where to begin…I know it’s been awhile since my last post…I ask myself if I am ready to share and let the world know what I am up to…I didn’t find the answer within me and so I am writing this now? To start with… things weren’t that good as before. The killua you once know has long gone. Here, I don’t need to race against the elevator or look for a cab to be at the office on time. I don’t need to spend thousand bucks for a plane ticket to get home. Here, I just need six pesos then I am home. There are things, major things in my life made their major transformations too. I am out of money now. But the robots are still there. I work for my own and I don’t ask for mom’s or kuya’s or ate’s help anymore. I can stand on my feet now. 

I resigned to the world where I once get satisfaction that drives me to a habit of spending everything I have and everything I got…the world where I don’t know if the stars go blue or thus the moon shine or where the sun set….the world where I don’t know where the north is. Quitting it means giving up the pleasure of traveling for free…the overnight stuffs….a big salary…the big boss…quitting from the big boss is the best accomplishment I have ever had. Now I learned to accept and be contented of what the government could give me. Yes I am a certified first grade government employee now… Though I am not having that free San Francisco trip for now I am still traveling north and south for free too while state visit are at my own expense. My workplace had shift from the 30th floor and now to the ground floor….Before I can always have my coffee for free of any flavor…now I need to buy my own coffee or bring our house coffee instead. Temperature is still at high since we are using centralized air-conditioning on a 17th degree. Security features are still the same strict and still using biometrics for me to get in… ID features are cool…and the salary…well…a 200% apart from what I am used too…Before I am with the elite now I am happy being with the unfortunate…since I am no longer young but not that old my perception do change..part of our work is to educate communities about the extreme effects of a disaster…But what our government aim is to build resilient communities so people can withstand disaster impacts in their community and the capacity to sustain their livelihood… so that’s what we are up to. Shifting from the e-language to drm language wasn’t that hard at all since you all know I am used to watch tv and read daily paper. I am connected with what they call disaster risk reduction management team. We were trained to become community facilitators there are some twelve of us who do the same. In drm, the LGU of which i am connected together with the assistance from our funder the European Commission, CNDR and CARE Nederlands in which we owe so much of our accomplishments....we conduct disaster activities from preparedness to mitigation to recovery and rehab and part of it which we are enjoying the most is mangrove reforestation. Sometimes our dress gets too dirty and muddy even our feet and hair. And  we love doing it.

2 comments:

lawrence said...

hindi nakalagay na wala ka na ding time mag skateboarding dahil wala ng oras....hindi mo din nilagay na mas pasaway ka na ki mom ngayon. at bakit walang shift dito galing sa english papuntang tagalog at bicol din? hoy killua madami na ngang nag bago sayo mas brat ka na ngayon...

michelle andrews said...

kaya pala wala ka na sa timezone :) goodluck killua... miss ko na ikaw yong dating vicoy!....sana makulit ka pa din.